Employment and Internships
Retail Sales Representative
Department: Multi-Channel Retailing
Job Title: Retail Sales Representative
Supervisor’s Title: Museum Shop Manager
Employees Supervised: None
Seasonal - part-time hourly, non-exempt
Works as a member of the multi-channel retailing team to promote and execute sales in the museum shops. Provide excellent customer service and contribute to the sales goals of the organization. This position is seasonal part-time to meet the needs of the organization and the hours the shop(s) are open.
- Provide world class customer service to guests. Build relationships, share product knowledge and present a clean, safe and visually appealing shop environment.
- Accurately operate registers to enable merchandise, membership, tour and event transactions.
- Handle cash and provide change without error.
- Act as a resource for guests about merchandise, tours, events and programs at both museums.
- Consistently work to achieve shop sales goals, which support organizational revenue goals
- Be knowledgeable with all products. Process and stock merchandise as required.
- As a team member of the Preservation Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills, ability to move loads up to 40 lbs. Some sales experience in retail, museums, or other service industry with proven results preferred.
Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use; regular exposure to weather conditions;. Travel to multiple locations, evening and weekend assignments necessary.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com reference
Retail Shop Rep in subject line
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Following is a list of our current openings:
Email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to . Reference position title in subject line. Applicants are screened by human resources and resumes of qualified candidates are referred to individual departments.
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Thank you for your interest in employment with us. The Preservation Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes. All open positions with the organization are posted and application instructions are included.